[Oletrucks] Old Motor/tranny question?

To: "'Oletrucks list'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Oletrucks] Old Motor/tranny question?
From: "jay" <ajt@embarqmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 00:28:28 -0500
I got several 1940-1941 Chebby 1.5 ton US Army trucks sitting in the back yard
amongst my other critters.

I have 1 truck (army) that is/was a donor for the others. It still has the
babbit 6 banger in it with all the driveline. I have seen
foto captions where ppl have put V8's in them but no one has ever said how they
did it... please don't tell me to unbolt it and bolt
the V8 in... it don't werkie like that. The bellhousing is cast onto the block.
Is there a special bellhousing(aftermarket) that
will accept the tranny bolt pattern to the V8 bolt pattern?

I also have a (I need to look) 1 ton (maybe) chebby 1950 that has a two speed
rear end,,, need an axle(drivers side) and drum!

And I still need an engine motormount crossmember for my budwieser keg delivery
truck...1960 panel truck...

OK...shutting up now!

Jay

"When  In Doubt, Empty The Magazine"

http://stores.ebay.com/World-of-JCT?refid=store
 NEW Forum-> http://www.jctworld.us/forum/
1/87 model trucks-come join-> Subscribe: