Re: [Oletrucks] A D Hood Pie Cut

To: "'Gale Gorman'" <gale_gorman@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] A D Hood Pie Cut
From: "Jim Krontz" <jim_krontz@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:14:47 -0700
No, the cut is between the hood mechanism and the top.  Generally you don't
take out much more than 2 inches in the front...

I've only seen it down once.

I have an extra hood, I was thinking about giving it a shot on my 57, just
to see how it turns out.  The hard part is sculpting the front to flow
smoothly back in.  After the pie is removed they don't lie up perfectly, you
need to adjust for this, either by sliding the hood forward and adding steal
in the back, or making a cut at the corners and pulling it forward (this is
how it's normally done).

As I said, lots of work.