Re: [Oletrucks] Fw: Re: unison seat

To: groups@ez15loan.com
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] Fw: Re: unison seat
From: Gale Gorman <gale_gorman@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 17:42:27 -0500
Jon,

There was a link to pictures and he had the original paperwork from Chevrolet
for the Unison seat. It was dated 1953 so they were available. The paperwork
was more of a parts list and manual bulletin to show the mechanic at a
dealership how to install it.

I started buying new Chevrolet trucks in the early '60s and a salesman at a
dealership only knew what the trucks had on them that were in stock. A few
years later I started ordering a new truck every year from a dealer in a little
one horse town. He didn't stock much but he would hand me his book for ordering
so I could make a list of what I wanted. I was amazed at how many options were
available other than the engine or trim package. There were 4 or 5 rear end
ratios to choose from, tire sizes, battery size, radiator, etc.

So there's no telling what we might run across in these old trucks that was
just a preference of the original owner. I don't recall the first truck I
bought that had the list of built-in options stuck on the inside of the glove
box lid, but I remember thinking 'what took them so long?'
--
Gale Gorman
Houston

>>On May 9, 2010, at 9:45 AM, Jon wrote:

I've seen the unisons on 2 pickups (1 in a 54, dont remember the other
year truck) and 1 coe.  But they where more common on panel
trucks/suburbans (possibly even sedan delivery trucks)...which is
where I've seen most of them (even though that isn't very often).  I
believe they where mostly used in delivery trucks...which is why they
weren't very common in pickups.

I've only seem them in later year trucks...which leads me to believe
they weren't available till the later years.

--
Jon

Oletrucks@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html