[Oletrucks] Shift Boot Question

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Oletrucks] Shift Boot Question
From: "mks" <mserges@psci.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 21:14:12 -0400
Hello List!

I finished my 48 Chevy Pickup this past winter and have been road testing it
since the weather finally cleared up.  It has an S-10 T-5 behind a 235 inline.
I purchased a shifter boot from LMC for the floor shifter with a chrome ring.
Problem is that the boot is so stiff that it pulls the shifter out of gear.  I
am looking for a more plyable boot that will work with the 5" ring.  I am
considering having one made by a local leather shop, but thought maybe someone
had already solved this problem with a different boot.  The local parts stores
aren't much help without a specific vehicle to look up....Appreciate any
advice or suggestions!!

Thanks, Mike

Oletrucks@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html