Re: [Oletrucks] bed wood strip

To: kjohlgren@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] bed wood strip
From: mark <ccpanel@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 11:47:49 -0700 (PDT)
hey Kurt-here are some links to my blog with pictures of my trex bed.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ok8GzUd9n14/SdhF0f0mDPI/AAAAAAAAAPs/2Y_KkEGuxLs/s1600/DSC_7714.JPG
I used teh trim boards for my bed which are almost 3/4" thick and in almost 10"
wide... I ended up with 6 boards(5 strips)

My bed is a little custom and will be a working truck so im doing things a
little different.

I had to rip my boards down to make 6 even widths. what i would do different is
the 2 side boards rip down so they go ALL the way to the bed sides instead of
part way.

these boards do NOT shrink at all so there is no reason to allow for expansion.

you will have to put grooves in them(one saw blade thick) to allow the strips
to side down flat on top of the boards. you can follow the factory procedure
and do the 3 levels but for my purposes-i am not.
email me for my phone number and call me for more lengthy discussion.

BTW-Mar-K is teh best and only place I will ever buy bed parts. they were
excellent on teh phone and i ordered 5 stainless strips and the packing was
superior-long tube with wood bracing.
Mark

Oletrucks@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html