[Oletrucks] answer to Doug W's question

To: "Oletrucks@autox.team.net" <Oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Oletrucks] answer to Doug W's question
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 03:24:05 +0000
A few weeks ago Doug W on this e-mail list made the statement "I cannot figure
out the correct orientation of the stock front axle."  He was trying to figure
out what was the front side and what was the back.  He got a few answers from
the group, none of which (including mine) was definitive.  Tonight it dawned
on me, there is a front and back side to the front axle, although I doubt it
is important.

The taper pin (King Pin Lock Pin, part # 3712914) that locks the king pin in
place is inserted from the front side of the axle.  That is, the big end of
the taper pin is on the front side of the axle and the smaller threaded end is
on the back side.

You can see the original e-mail chain here:

Oletrucks@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive