Re: [Oletrucks] MIG Welder Opinion

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] MIG Welder Opinion
From: Robert Swanson <mapa-kettle@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 19:43:13 -0700
Kent,
        I have owned both the import brand welders, and the US name brand
welders and
my experience is that you would most likely be much happier with a smaller
Miller or Lincoln welder.  They might cost a little more, but you will have a
much easier time learning to weld on the better machine.
        Don't get me wrong, I am not dissing the offshore machines, but my
experience
has been that they are a lot more temperamental to set up properly.  I
presently own a Lincoln 255, that I purchased second hand from a welding
supply store, and I absolutely love it.  My poor stick welder, and my oxy
acetaline welder just take up space now.
Bob