[Oletrucks] Electrical Shut Off Switch

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Oletrucks] Electrical Shut Off Switch
From: "James Hays" <thomasind@nventure.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 12:54:01 -0700
Hi Gang: Got my head spinning - need some electrical routing help.

Have GM 350 with PCM Engine Controls. Installed battery electrical shut off
switch on the neg. side & routed a separate ground to the PCM 3 ground wires
for constant wanting constant power as needed to keep the PCM from
re-programming each time you start the engine.

Problem is with the shut off switch open ( off ) still have ground at normal
places - engine, frame & so on. The way I look at it if I ever ( mistake )
try to start the engine with its heavy draw without connecting ( closing )
shut off switch I will cook the light weight wires in the PCM.

Is there any way to have constant energy for the PCM ( and radio clock ) &
still have a main shut off switch - like it to be neg. but would settle plus
side if it will just work without cooking stuff.

Thanks,

Jim

55-1st PU 5 window / 350/ 4L60E

Oletrucks@autox.team.net