[Oletrucks] Truck Engines

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Oletrucks] Truck Engines
From: Bob Keeland <keelandb@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 17:48:38 -0700 (PDT)
In the old truck magazines they seem to emphasize larger and larger engines.
For my '51 I currently have an old 283, but I'm not sure that it is still any
good. As I intend to use the truck for daily driving and light duty (like
hauling horse feed) I don't feel that I need a really big motor. Even a v6
would be fine. I have a v6 with 265,000 miles on it in another truck (1998
model). Does anyone know of a 300 ci or less diesel engine (not a converted
regular gasoline engine) that they can recommend? I've probably asked this
question before, sorry if so. The memory is not what it used to be.
BobK
1951 5-window 3100
1998 Dodge RAM
1999 Harley Sportster 883