Re: [Oletrucks] diesel in COE/3100

To: <ccpanel@gmail.com>, ole trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] diesel in COE/3100
From: Dustin Cross <livnrt@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 22:12:34 -0600
A few years ago I met a woman who was driving a '49 (maybe) 1ton with a 4bta
cummins in it mated to the original 4spd.  Her & her dad had put it in a few
years before and she raved about it.  I think they had to move the trans
forward some and had bent the shift lever to compensate.  She thought it got
35+mpg at 55-60.  It had NO fan in it!  She said that it never got hot enough
to need it.

My plan for my '51 GMC is to use the 5 cyl Mercedes & auto out of the sprinter
van but I haven't done much homework on it yet.  Very complicated computer to
fool.