Re: [Oletrucks] Fwd: 3 speed overdrive conversion

To: mark@noakes.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] Fwd: 3 speed overdrive conversion
From: Emory Hodges <eehodges@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 21:43:28 -0500 (EST)
Here are some links and search suggestions.

Seems "all" the OD units for decades were just a few Borg Warner variations.
I've found the best sources from Studebaker sites.

I replaced the OD solenoid seal with a new one from "Fifth Avenue."

The cable can be purchased form "Fifth Avenue" or I just used a generic choke
cable from Tractor Supply.

Note the text about using the correct mineral oil GL-1 gear oil ONLY. I found
this at Tractor Supply.

Emory

https://www.studebakerparts.com/studebakerparts/store/s/html/pages/overdrive.
html