Re: [Oletrucks] DIVISION BAR LINER GLUE?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] DIVISION BAR LINER GLUE?
From: rswanson <mapa-kettle@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 17:49:45 -0700
--===============5799318425693943374==
 boundary="------------050908090405090304090506"

--------------050908090405090304090506

Chuck,
     I have a 55 Cameo 1/2 ton and I need to do the same job,  If anyone
knows of a good place to buy the material, I would appreciate it if you
could pass on this information as well.
Bob

On 2016-04-25 05:52 AM, Chuck Smith wrote:
> About 20 years ago I replaced the Vertical Division Bar Channel Felt
> Liners in my 57 3100.  The felt liner strip is glued into the U shaped
> channel that cushions the front of the sliding door window.  I spread
> the glue on the inside of the division bar and pressed the liner into
> the U shaped recess with a piece of plywood - the process went well
> but they have finally worn out.
>
> So it is time to do it again but I've forgotten (old age is cruel)
> what glue I used.  I think that I remember applying it with a brush
> attached to the bottle cap - it may have been rubber cement.
>
> Can anyone report on their experiences with this repair and what glue
> they used?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Chuck

--------------050908090405090304090506

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    Chuck,<br>
        I have a 55 Cameo 1/2 ton and I need to do the same job,  If
    anyone<br>
    knows of a good place to buy the material, I would appreciate it if
    you <br>
    could pass on this information as well.<br>
    Bob<br>
      wrote:<br>
      type="cite">
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt;
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style>
        Bar Channel Felt Liners in my 57 3100.  The felt liner strip is
        glued into the U shaped channel that cushions the front of the
        sliding door window.  I spread the glue on the inside of the
        division bar and pressed the liner into the U shaped recess with
        a piece of plywood - the process went well but they have finally
        worn out. <br>
        So it is time to do it again but I've forgotten (old age is
        cruel) what glue I used.  I think that I remember applying it
        with a brush attached to the bottle cap - it may have been
        rubber cement. <br>
        Can anyone report on their experiences with this repair and what
        glue they used? <br>
        Best regards,<br>
        Chuck </div>

Oletrucks@autox.team.net