*big* tools

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: *big* tools
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 1996 18:20:00 +0000
 While looking at the newspaper this morning I noticed something
interesting.  Small used forklifts are selling for $1000 or so.  They're
probably beat to hell and need work, but a home shop wouldn't work one
hard.

 I have a lathe and a mill, and when I got them I had to rent a pallet
jack to move them into position after having a wrecker unload them from
the trailer.  Harbor Freight has a pallet jack for $300.  I've had my
eye on one for a long time.

 I also want to get a better shop crane than the cheapie I have.  A good
one is around $250.  That puts me halfway to a used forklift.

 Back years ago I once used a forklift to change a couple of engines.
I've even used one to lift a car to change the tires.  It would be handy
for getting those big items off bob trucks.  I could probably even use
it as a mobile ladder to clean out the gutters on the house...  Of
course, I run into the usual problem in that I have no place to *put* a
forklift, even a small forklift.

 If you have some shop space, though, you might give it a serious
thought if you can pick one up cheap.

====dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us========================DoD#978=======
  can you help me...help me get out of this place?...slow sedation...
ain't my style, ain't my pace...giving me a number...NINE, SEVEN, EIGHT
==5.0 RX7 -> Tyrannosaurus RX! == SAE '82 == Denizens of Doom M/C '92==