Re: Brake fluid disposal

To: SHOP-TALK@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake fluid disposal
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 1996 10:29:00 +0000
-> The answer to why brake fluid is a nasty, hazardous chemical: PCB's
-> Pity the poor people living downwind of that shop that mixes brake
-> fluid into waste oil for burning in their shop heater.  If anyone
-> knows the name/location of that shop, please forward to me.  Thanks.

 Ordinary non-silicone brake fluids are glycols of various sorts,
sometimes with corrosion inhibitors very similar to those in ordinary
antifreeze, which itself is very similar to brake fluid.  If you know of
a brand of brake fluid containing PCBs I'd sure like to know about it.

[anti-PCB propaganda deleted]

====dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us========================DoD#978=======
  can you help me...help me get out of this place?...slow sedation...
ain't my style, ain't my pace...giving me a number...NINE, SEVEN, EIGHT
==5.0 RX7 -> Tyrannosaurus RX! == SAE '82 == Denizens of Doom M/C '92==