Re: Car ramps

To: Trevor Boicey <TBOICEY@isocan.com>, SHOP TALK <SHOP-TALK@AUTOX.TEAM.NET>
Subject: Re: Car ramps
From: Bruce Wentzel <76752.3101@compuserve.com>
Date: 11 Aug 96 09:51:23 EDT
>  The regular WalMart variety that I use with my 1982 and 1983
> Corolla SR5s and my 1975 MG Midget have too steep of an incline,
> so the plastic chinpiece hits before the wheels start to drive up
> the ramp.

My solution is to build your own from scrap 2x10 or 2x8 and thin plywood.

stack 3,4 or 5 or however many to get the height you want, vary their lengths to

get the effective ramp angle you need, angle cut the leading edges if you
want to get fancy and nail them all together, adding one at a time unless you've

got some big mutha nails  :-).   To the bottom nail the length of plywood long
enough that it protrudes so that your wheel is fully on it before the wheel
starts
to climb the ramp.  This prevents the stack from sliding away from the wheel
as you try to climp it.  You will want the top long enough to stop on without
rolling off and you might want a stop block at the back edge also.
Cheap effective and a little heavy.

Bruce