Cutting Torch Settings?

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Cutting Torch Settings?
From: Michael Leach <mrleach@Fair.Net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 23:39:19 -0500
Could someone please give me some advice on the recommend settings to
use with a cutting tourch.  I had a friend setup my torch regulators so
they would at least be in the ballpark for cutting but sense then
someone has came along and turned off the regulators.  Now I have no
idea where to start.  Normally I would turn both the gas and the oxygen
bottles all the way on and then back one turn.  As for the torch I
normally turn the gas on about 1/8 - 1/4 turn and I adjust the oxygen so
that I have about an 1/8" flam it seems to work this way but it's not
always pretty.  Does this seem to be the normal setting?  If not could
someone give me some advice on what the recommended regulator and torch
setting are for a victor torch cutting steel about 1/8" to 1/4".

Thanks for the help.

Michael