Parts Washer

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Parts Washer
From: dbavery1@JUNO.COM (D D B)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 16:17:39 EST
Fellow shop-talk members I have a question I was hoping someone could
answer for me.  I bought a used parts washer and it has a label which
states to use a "non" flamable solvent with a flash point of at least 120
degrees.  I have talked to several suppliers who told me to put in
mineral spirits.  I checked the label from one of them and it says
mineral spirits is "flamable" and has a flash point of only 105 degrees.
Any help on what solution I should be using in this unit?  Will I have a
huge problem if I use the flamable mineral spirits vs a non-flammable
solvent?  This unit has a submurged pump and motor unit if that makes a
difference.