PVC air piping

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: PVC air piping
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 1997 15:04:00 -0500
-> I realize that PVC air tubing is sort of a religious issue on this
-> list, and I wouldn't have installed it myself, but hey, it's there,
-> and they even put an outlet close to the garage door so you can fill

 I wouldn't worry about it.  Some people start to foam at the mouth over
the subject, but it's already there, it's behind sheetrock, and it
hasn't exploded yet... neither has mine.

-> even put an outlet close to the garage door so you can fill
-> tires on cars, something that my girlfriend has been wishing for.

 I put one chuck outside so I don't have to open the door and let all
the heat out in the winter.

-> However, if the PVC stuff can explode through the walls
-> with enough force to damage something, then I'd like to hear about
-> it.

 Worst I can see would be to blow some of the sheetrock loose from its
anchors.  There's plenty of volume in the wall, not much in the pipe.