Re: air driven grease guns

To: eabb@loc.gov
Subject: Re: air driven grease guns
From: james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com (James Babcock)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 09:04:47 -0500 (EST)
Most shop manuals specify that hand operated grease guns must be
used on ball joints, steering arms, etc.  I guess this is to avoid
bursting the rubber seals around the joints.

I have a question that's related to this topic...the front drive
shaft on my Dakota pickup has flush fittings for lubrication.
The shop manual specifies that a needle type injector is required
to grease these type of fitting.  I found one at my local Trak Auto,
but I can't get the fitting to accept grease with it.  Perhaps
a pressure operated grease gun is required?  Any thoughts?

Jim
'80 TR7 dhc 5 spd
'87 Dodge Dakota V6 auto 4x4

--