Re: Air Compressor & reply netequette

To: "Nils O. Ny" <n.ny@intest.com>
Subject: Re: Air Compressor & reply netequette
From: pethier <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 13:13:45 +0000
> May I make a suggestion to those responding to mail on this list.

Of course you may.  We all have equal access granted to this list by
Mark.

> Please
> use respond to all and then remove all recipients except
> "shop-talk@autox.team.net" from both the "To:" field and the "Cc:" field.
> That way everyone on the list gets the messages without getting useless
> duplicates !

Since both paths may not be equally dependable and prompt at any one
point in time, and since only one person gets the duplicate, and since I
have been posting this way on Mark's lists for ten years,  I plan on
continuing to post this way until Mark tells me not to.  I also
appreciate when others respond to my posts in this manner.  Sometimes
the list is delayed and I get a direct response sooner.

Many of Mark's lists have digest alternatives, and a digest-subscriber
posting a question on the list  will get his answer much more quickly if
it is sent direct.

Since a person only gets a double message in response to something he
posted himself, I don't see this as a monumental problem.  If Mark ever
does, I am sure he will tell us.

Phil