Air Lines

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Air Lines
From: nogera@juno.com
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 21:56:24 -0600
I just bought one of those air hose reels for my garage. Now I need to
plumb the air to the garage. Thanks to this list I know I  should use
cast iron pipe . I have received some conflicting advise ( not from the
list ) regarding how to run the pipe.
  One guy says to mount the reel on the ceiling and make sure the pipe
slants back to the tank so water will drain back to the tank. He also
advised me to but the separator/ filter at the Tank connection.
 The other guy says to run the pipe along the ceiling then turn down 90
degrees and "t" off the pipe for the reel hook up about three feet off
the floor  but insure the pipe runs down to the floor and to put a tap on
the end of the pipe so water which collects will fall past the ' t' to
the   dead end and can be drained via the tap. He suggests putting the
separator/filter between the 't' and reel .

I need to run some of  the pipe high because the compressor is on the
opposite side of the door opening from the work area .

What says the list  as to how this should be plumbed ?
Also, when spraying paint should I use the reel or stay with a direct
line ?

Bob Nogueira .