Fw: Parts Washer Recommendation

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fw: Parts Washer Recommendation
From: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@voyager.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 14:27:28 -0500
I've had a Harbor Freight for years. Yes, the cheap pumps are only good for
a year. I have purchased one of the expensive ones, but haven't installed it
so I can't tell you it is worth the extra $.  Even when the pump isn't
working, it is still good for cleaning with  a brush. The biggest problem I
have had is getting a proper solvent and getting it disposed of properly.
The biggest problem is that companies like Safety Clean are geared toward
servicing on a periodic basis, like monthly. I have worked out an
arrangement with them to do an exchange when I need it, about once a year.
Be prepared for the solvent service to cost you more than the washer itself.

GJB