Re: Loc-Tite vs. Anti-Sieze

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Loc-Tite vs. Anti-Sieze
From: Kelley Mascher <mascher@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 08:36:35 -0700 (PDT)

Since I've never seen a water pump fall off of an A-series
engine I vote for the anti-sieze. The whole problem with
the bolts is corrosion, in fact think of the thermostat
studs, and ask yourself if you would want them loctited
into the head.

I would go with the anti-sieze and put them on the list
of bolts to check regularly.

Cheers

Kelley Mascher                                            (206) 528-2713
Children's Hospital & Med. Center               mascher@u.washington.edu
Audiology Research                              Seattle, Washington USA