Re: Brush Painting

To: Ronald Olds <tr6@pipeline.com>
Subject: Re: Brush Painting
From: rwil@cts.com (Roland Wilhelmy)
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 20:13:32 GMT
I have brushed 2 part epoxy primer onto small pieces and to patch
larger ones.  My results have been variable but not too bad.  Epoxy
acts like lacquer, and lacquer used to be applied by brush by people
old enough to be my father.  My suggestion would be to use the best
brushes you can find and to cut the primer with a bit of lacquer
thinner for better application (maybe a bit of retarder to encourage
the brush marks to level out).  Apply at least two coats.  Black epoxy
primer looks pretty good when I spray it on -- about a satin.

-Roland Wilhelmy
San Diego