Re: Graingers Vs. HD

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Graingers Vs. HD
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 15:35:38 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Douglas Shook

Douglas abley presented the case for the purchase of quality rather than
price when investing in a tool to keep and use forever.

In my mail today, was a flyer from MSC which listed as a specially
discounted item, Jacobs ball bearing "Super Chucks".  The model 11N  0 -
3/8" for a 2JT taper was priced at $87 list  and $69 net.
We all know you can buy 2 or 3 COMPLETE 3/8" DRILLS for that kind of money .
. . junk drills with junk chucks . . . That's the price of quality. . . .and
well worth it for a "keeper".
Tony