wheel refinishing

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: wheel refinishing
From: "John Steczkowski" <stecz@pswtech.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 22:26:49 -0700
I just bought a set of alloy wheels for my daily driver. They appear to be
painted and clearcoated. There are some scratches and some paint chips, and
one wheel has some scratches in the metal. I'd like to refinish them myself.
I'm not sure if I want to repaint them (strip and repaint) or strip them and
polish them. If I polish them, I don't think I want to polish to a chrome
like finish, but I'd like to polish them to a matte finish.

What tools do I need, any hints, any good books on the subject?

----
John Steczkowski
Director, Client Services, Central
PSW Technologies, Inc.