captive nut ?? or something

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: captive nut ?? or something
From: jniolon@uss.com
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 14:15:53 -0500

I'm in the process of installing the seats in my 53 F-100  I've bolted the
bench seat to 2" square tubing and am looking for a good way to bolt these
to the 11gauge floorboards with two criteria.

#1 they have the strength to stay put in the event of an accident and
#2  The bolts can be threaded into the nut as a one handed operation....

Short of welding nuts to the floorboard (not my first choice) anyone have
any suggestions ???   I've thought about some type of captive nut or insert
that I could put in the tubing or in the floorboard but wonder about the
strength.

tia
john