Re: Tool for a loved one

To: Dave Williams <dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us>
Subject: Re: Tool for a loved one
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@idt.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 16:06:57 -0700
Dave Williams wrote:

> <snip>
>  Putting 85 ft-lb of torque on a 12-point 7/16" isn't a good thing.  The
> crappy Craftman (any Craftsman post-1980 or so) sockets tend to strip.

Which brings me to a question; What DID happen to Craftsman tools? Some
of mine are 30 years old and are as comfortable to use as my Snap Ons.
The "new' Craftsman tools look, feel and act like cheap imports. Are
they trying to appeal to a different market these days? I seem to
remember they were sued about 10 years ago by a tool designer and he
nailed 'em for a bunch..............
Ed