Re: Enough already...how about torque wrenches?

To: sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu
Subject: Re: Enough already...how about torque wrenches?
From: "Steve Budde" <super_racenut@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 11:35:28 PST

>I hear, thought that the beam wrenches are lifetime guaranteed.

Yes, the beam wrenches are guaranteed for life.  While rebuilding the engine
in my Impala I broke my father's torque wrench.  I don't know when he baught
it but the box it came in (yes he still has it) gives you the torque
sequence for straight 8's, packards, etc. so I know it's been around for a
long time.  I have also had no problem returning craftsman tools that my
uncle bought in the late 40's to early 50's when he became a licensed chevy
mechanic.

My opinion, I wouldn't use anything else but craftsman.  There's nothing
wrong with the others as I have a few, but I didn't pay retail.  I can't say
anything bad about the newer rachets though as all of mine came from my
uncle and are older than me!!  <G>

Steve Budde
super_racenut@hotmail.com