Re: Why didn't I think of that?

To: npenney@mde.state.md.us, LSAPEX@aol.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Why didn't I think of that?
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 14:46:11 EDT
In a message dated 7/20/00 11:41:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
npenney@mde.state.md.us writes:

<< I save the tube and the spray botton off of cans when I throw them away,
and stick them all in a parts drawer.  Now I never run out of tubes, as I
manage to save just slightly more then I lose.    >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I tried that.  They always seem to disappear before the can is empty.  I wind
up with several cans that have just a little left, and no stick.  Then I buy
a new can and use the stick from that to finish the old can, thereby
shortening the life span of the new stick proportionately.  I think the life
span of a spray can stick is about 68-72% of the life of the can it came
with.  It is therefore necessary to have an outside source of spray can
sticks.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget