Re: Window Alternatives

To: epetrevich@relavis.com
Subject: Re: Window Alternatives
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 12:34:40 -0500

is visibility necessary ???  do you have to see thru them or merely gather
light ???  There are on the market heavy gauge fiberglass panels that are
"clear" (translucent)  as compared to green.  It's not the cheap home depot
stuff... this is at least a 1/16" thick and transmitts light very well...
one choice.

Or, you could frame the window openings with wood (pressure treated ???) to
fit your block installed size and then cover the outside with metal
sheeting to match the building  (isn't your shop metal siding ???)...

Have you looked at the building salvage yards for windows that would fit.
We have one here in B'ham that specializes in demolishing older buildings
and they have a good supply of metal frame swing out windows like you'de
see in a machine shop or industrial building.... check with the yellow
pages for demolition companies or salvage yards...

well...........I'm out of ideas

john

epetrevich@relavis.com@autox.team.net on 10/10/2000 09:39:46 AM

Please respond to epetrevich@relavis.com