Re: Air driers

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <daniels@tamu.edu>
Subject: Re: Air driers
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 10:26:53 -0700
Lee Daniels <daniels@tamu.edu> wrote:

>>...I like to put an air dryer and oil mist in ahead of the tools anyway...
>
> Ah, this reminds me --- What are your ideas about air driers, what types are
> available, where do I look, >and how much are they?  I haven't liked the very
> few I've seen at the local tool store.  Do they just use >a pressure drop to
> condense out moisture?  (Joule-Thomson effect, for you scientists and
>engineers.)

I bought a cheap filter and a regulator at Home Depot (not the mini filter).  I
have
no idea how it works (looks like a filter of some type in the bowl) but it
pulls a LOT
of water out of the air line when I was continiously using air (sand blasting
and
wire brushing) for hours at a time...  It seems that I'm forever having to
drain the
thing.  Maybe not the best, but it a lot better than before (i.e. none)...

Tim Mullen