Re: Anti-Freeze

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <brabel@dlux.net>
Subject: Re: Anti-Freeze
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:40:07 -0700
Bill Rabel <brabel@dlux.net> wrote:

> I just went through this with a '96 Blazer. The product is made by
> Texaco, and is called Dex-Cool. The five-year interval is due to the
> types of additives it uses. <...>  The stuff *is* available from third
>parties.

I've seen the third party stuff, but they make a big point of be Dex-Cool
compatible and GM certified, but they say nothing about Ford compatibility.
I've wondered if Ford and GM use different stuff like they did for Auto Trans
Fluid.

I'm not as worried about the five-year interval as I am about compatibility.

Maybe I'll give the Dex-Cool stuff a try...

Tim Mullen