Adhesive question

To: <>
Subject: Adhesive question
From: <>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:20:35 -0700
This one is a little difficult because I don't have many of the facts.

I have a 1984 turntable whose plastic hinges are slightly broken. After
cleaning with acetone, I tried epoxying plexiglass squares to the cracked
surface to act as a reinforcement. But the epoxy easily separated from both the
plexiglass and the plastic.

Do you have any idea what plastic would have been used in mid-fi Japanese
consumer electronics in those days?

Would contact cement be a better adhesive for this?

Are there just way too few available facts :)?

Thanks, shoptalkers.

Ken Landaiche

///  unsubscribe/change address requests to  or try
///  Archives at