Re: co2 vs. nitrogen?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: co2 vs. nitrogen?
From: Brian Lyn Fatt <brian.lynfatt@eds.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 18:43:32 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Susan and Mark Miller

> Another option would be to buy a small compressor and an inverter.  More
> versatile also, as you can make espresso as well.

The inverter may not work for such a high start load.
I have a 400 watt, 800 watt peak that I use to run the
computer and gps for trips to the track.  It struggles
with the 12 inch desktop fan and really struggles with
the 14inch floor fan. If I hook up directly to the aux
battery in the truck, and attach my voltmeter at the
same time, after a few minutes, the voltmeter drops
kinda fast unless the engine is running, and in that
case, might as well sit in truck with the AC. I'd assume that
the motor for the compressor draws a lot more amperage
and the fans, so when you price a higher wattage inverter,
a gas powered compressor works out about the same.
On the other hand...a 5000 watt generator works
out pretty cheap in comparison.  $450 or so from
Sams Club or Harbor Freight.

Brian
brian.lynfatt@eds.com