RE: New toy - IR 2135Ti and a couple questions.

To: "Galt, Stuart A" <stuart.a.galt@boeing.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: New toy - IR 2135Ti and a couple questions.
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 11:09:33 -0700
> I know you're looking for something other than Craftsman, but their tools
> are guaranteed for life.  Or at least the ones I bought back in the 60's
> were.

They still are, but IMO the quality has dropped noticeably over the last 30
years.  Their newer sockets are much thicker than the old ones were, meaning
they won't fit in some places that the old ones would fit.  Also, the
ratchets are considerably stiffer, making it harder to deal with nuts and
bolts that bind for a bit, then turn easily for a bit.

Randall