Re: Mystery Tool

To: Mike Frerichs <frerichs@tconl.com>
Subject: Re: Mystery Tool
From: Drew Rogge <drew@pixar.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 09:06:02 -0700
Mike,

It looks to me like an old lever style test indicator. Used for
checking runout of a part in a lathe for example. The rod with
the rod with the ball on the end of it looks like part of the
base (magnetic or otherwise) used to hold the tool. The scale
on the bottom is for reading +-.015 inches of travel of the
little dogleg on the other end.

Drew

--
Drew Rogge