anybody know how to recover data?

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: anybody know how to recover data?
From: Scott Hall <scott.hall@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 21:52:33 -0400
I've got an off topic question, but I need the help here, guys...

I've got a fuji film digital camera on which were pictures of my son's
fifth birthday and first day of school this past week.  my wife, while
looking at them after shooting them, accidentally deleted them.  she calls
work crying, near-hysterical (first child).

so, I know data is fairly easily recovered from hard drives, anybody know
how to recover it from an xD card?  or know where to point me?  local
camera shops are a no go, as are computer stores.

I'm desperate--the wife has been depressed for two days now, so I'm asking
here--it seems like somebody here knows just about anything, and I need a
rescue.

thanks in advance.

scott