Storing jacks in a trailer

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Storing jacks in a trailer
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:12:44 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

Ok, so its for a mobile shop... :-)

I'm looking at options for quickly stowing a floor jack in the enclosed
trailer.  Ideally I'd like something where I essentially drop the jack and
it stays exactly where I dropped it until I go to use it, then it picks up
easily.

So what I was thinking... How about a 'holster' of sorts on the wall?  It
could be tapered some, and the jack would just slip nose down into it.
Gravity would do the rest.  For the handle, either I'd turn the jack so
the handle was pivoting toward the wall or just remove it (quick release)
and stick it in a little fishing pole holder style thing on the side...

So?  Is there a better way?

More importantly... Will storing a jack vertically like this (nose down)
for potentially long periods of time cause me any problems?  I'm not
really sure if the hydraulic cylinders are able to handle that kinda
storage vs. just laying flat on the ground.

Thanks!

Mark