RE: Garage Door Adjustment

To: "'David Scheidt'" <dmschei@attglobal.net>, <wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: Garage Door Adjustment
From: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@voyager.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 19:50:22 -0500
One other thing.....David's description of the process is correct but I
will add one thing which he implied, but didn't state explicitly.....

Make sure you add the same number of twists to both the right and left
side springs otherwise you will have an unbalanced lift.

One other thing that can have an effect on how the springs act on the
door is humidity. If you have a wooden door with composition  panels
they will be heavier in the winter and lighter in the summer if it is
dry.