Re: "Clip head nail"

To: <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "Clip head nail"
From: shiples@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 14:38:33 -0800
>Any major disadvantages to using a framing nail gun that uses "clipped"
>head nails.  I would imagine that since the head is missing a bit of
>area, they won't hold quite as well as a regular nail, but how much
>less?...
>
>Let the information and opinions fly...   8-)

The other question that's always bothered me is why the wood doesn't
slip off the pointy end.

Oh yeah, and the electricity seems to be escaping from my pickup.
I've heard that alternators have diodes that prevent electrical leaks.
Does anyone know how to check these things?  It's a Ford.

Steve Shipley
Seattle, WA