Re: Spindle speeds

To: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spindle speeds
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 03:24:33 -0600
It's simple ratio's Mark...you start with the given Rpm of the lathe and
work backwards....

Interestingly I have my great grandfathers hand held Tach which was made by
Starret in the 1930's...you hold it to the output and count clicks.... on
the dial... each click is 100rpm and then the major tick marks are 500's...
and with a second hand you can determine the output of a mill or a lathe...

Keith ( by the way I still want to chat with you )