Re: covenants

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: covenants
From: Eric@megageek.com
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:30:24 -0400
I'm sorry, but I can't see how these laws help people.

Point in fact...  My buddy's tranny was slipping.  We pulled the tranny in
the driveway.  Then, we needed some parts (we pulled the tranny on Sunday).
Waiting for the parts store to open early Monday morning.

As he went outside to go to the parts store, he found a fine on the
"disabled vehicle" in his own driveway.

Meanwhile, his neighbor's yard is FILLED with brightly colored children's
toys and crap all the time.

Then there is my buddy that puts his motorcycle in his pickup truck and
drives to Daytona every year for Bike week.  While down there, he wants to
visit his mom in a gated community.  However, their rules don't allow bikes
OR trucks.  So he has to park outside and walk a bunch to see her.

IMHO, people need to lighten up.  I live in rural NJ and when I put up my
2500sqft shop, the only question the zoning officer had, was "do you meet
the 20' set back?"

Since putting it up, I've added radiant concrete floor with only a quick
update inspection and now I'm running 400 amp service to house and
splitting 200amps for the house and 200amps for the new shop.  The only
thing they are worried about is how i burry the cable.

Give me backwoods to courtrooms ANYDAY!!!!  8>)

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
         for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.