RE: Air Chucks and Blow Guns

To: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Air Chucks and Blow Guns
From: "Mullen, Tim (IIS)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:08:58 -0700
Mike Rambour wrote:

>>It doesn't really matter with my set up.  I have
>>an automatic water drain on my compressor.  It
>>has a very slow controlled leak, and when the
>>pressure drops below about 10 PSI it opens up
>>and drains all the
>
>  Tell me more !!! I get a LOT of water in my tank
> and I forget to drain way too often.

Sorry, Mike.

I bought the valve about 25 years ago for about $5.  I've
never seen another one like it since - and I've looked.  I
have no idea who made it as it has no markings on it.  I
don't even remember where I bought it.

It's just a special brass fitting/valve that screws into the
bottom of the tank in place of the drain valve.  It's only
an inch or so in diameter, and about an inch high.  It's
been on my tank for 25 years now.  The only time I know it's
there is when I happen to still be in the garage when it
gets to the low pressure point and opens - then it lets
out a bit of a whistle as it lets the remaining air out
of the tank (along with the remaining water).  It tends
to startle you if you are not expecting it...

I guess it would be the opposite of a leaky high pressure
blow off valve...

Tim Mullen

Chantilly, VA