Re: portable metal-cutting shears

To: "Eugene D Abbondelo" <eabb@loc.gov>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: portable metal-cutting shears
From: Eric@megageek.com
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:36:08 -0400
You ask about anyone with one of these band saws...

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=37151

I bought this one (it looks identical to this one) for $69 about 3 years
ago.

I can't beleive the price they are asking now.

They unit I got it not the greatest.  But for the price, it was well worth
it.  (I'm not sure it's worth $200)

It's great for cutting large or thick pieces of steal by itself.  I was
making an extenstion for a tractor of mine and I needed to make a bunch of
cut in 4" angle iron.  You can set up the cut and walk away from this
machine.  When teh cut is finished, it will even turn itself off.  It's
nice getting good cuts without haveing to babysit the machine.

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
         for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.