Re: the annual compressor lines question.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: the annual compressor lines question.
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:30:40 -0700 (PDT)
> At each dedicated station I had a regulator plus I had one more regulator
> to which I attached a male quick-connect fiting. I could move that
> regulator around to wherever I needed it - each drop had the corresponding
> female-connect.

Yes, this is a great idea. I have a little one that Sears used to
sell, and I have a bigger unit that has dryer, oiler, regulator
and a couple of ball valves and fittings such that I can
get dry air, or dry oiled air; this gets moved close to where
I'm working, at the end of a moderate length hose, and then
another hose goes into it.

I use different fittings (and hoses) for oiled air and non-oiled air.

Tiptools sells the flex line for the compressor end, if you
can't find it elsewhere.

You might consider putting a big drier right there after the
flex line, too.

If you're in a humid environment, you can help dry your air
by making an impromptu air cooler at the compressor end by
splicing in a 50' length of air hose. Stick it in a bucket
of cold water. This will condense out most of the moisture
before it hits the pipe, which means your drier has a better
chance of removing it.