Re: Body work suggestions?

To: doug@dougbraun.com, Dan Canaan <flinters@roomies.furry.com>
Subject: Re: Body work suggestions?
From: Steve Shipley <shiples@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 18:26:32 -0800

shop-talk supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
http://fatchancegarage.com

At 07:10 PM 11/1/2005 -0500, doug@dougbraun.com wrote:

>shop-talk supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
>http://fatchancegarage.com
>
>Hello,
>
>If anybody has any experience with those cheaper (e.g. Harbor Freight)
>stud welders,
>I'd like to hear about it.  I am starting another project (a '31 Ford)
>that could benefit from one.

I have one and it pretty much does what it's supposed to do.  My only complaint
is that the knurled eccentric that is used to grip the stud is very
difficult to
release once you've pulled the metal.  It is also leaves a lot of peaks
where the
stud is welded.  It does things that cant be done with a hammer and dolly but
I consider it a tool of last result.  I'd like to know how to use those
paintless
tools myself.

Steve Shipley