Re: Paintless Dent Removal?

To: Mike Lee <mikel@ichips.intel.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paintless Dent Removal?
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:03:39 -0500

shop-talk supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
http://fatchancegarage.com

At 02:09 PM 11/30/2005, you wrote:
>I've seen sets of paintless dent removal tool kits for sale.  For
>the most part, they look like various types of bent metal rods;
>pretty straightforward.  I've also seen the results some of the pros
>can produce; I would never have

I had a place work over my car about 10 years ago.  Two guys spent
about 45 minutes and only charged me $50.  Then ~apologized~ for
having to charge more than the original estimate.  HaHaHa!  One of
those perfect deals where both sides come away thinking they got over
on the other!  :)

Anyway...  they let me watch the whole process, and had NO qualms
about me "stealing" their secrets in 45 minutes of looking over their
shoulders.  I don't know where they learned, but I suspect practice
is much, much more important than just technique.

   -Wayne