Re: Reconditioning power tool batteries (was Battery Buddy)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Reconditioning power tool batteries (was Battery Buddy)
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 15:25:59 -0600
On a similar topic, I need to replace one of the 14.4 volt XR battery packs
for my DeWalt drill.  No complaints about the originals - they've worked
pretty well during a few years of mistreatment and some very heavy work.

However, they battery packs are only a bunch of nicads in a plastic case -
is there some replacement brand that's got better cells, or alternatively is
cheaper ?  Or someplace that will rebuild my packs reasonably, using good
cells ??

Thanks !
Karl