Re: diesel generators

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: diesel generators
From: "David C." <cavanadd@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 23:54:24 -0800
At 11:42 PM  12/14/2006  -0800, David C. wrote:
>Yanmar, Cummins and Mitsubishi engines.  Anyone have any opinions or
>alternatives?  I have an old early 80s Mitsubishi 16HP tractor, and that
>thing is bulletproof, FWIW.

Oh, and BTW I have considered PTO generators, and decided not to go that
route.  The little Mitsubishi is only 16 hp and won't run that big a
generator.  The big New Holland is a 30 hp and would be big enough, but it
has a backhoe on it, and I don't want to be taking the hoe off in the cold
and dark.  Hell, I don't want to take it off in my lighted, heated shop
with a concrete floor.  Also, chances are good I'm gonna need that tractor
the same time I need the generator.....not to mention frequency control
issues.

DC